This was the saddest angel I have ever seen...
twilight-filled and overgrown--romance at its best!
We toured the violin shop of Henriette Lersch this week! She explained how she makes violins and celli, showed us some of the instruments she has restored, and at the end I was able to play one of her violins and a violin from the 1700's! What a treat!

A chair in the Bernthaler's home (our host family) once belonged to Emporer Franz Joseph I's grandson Rudolph , Crown Prince of Austria. And this painting hung in Belvedere palace for some time before the Berthaler family inherited it.
And this is me at my first lesson at the University for Music in Vienna wondering what in the world I have gotten myself into (my teacher was on a cig break). We spent an hour on bow hold and 'doing it wrong so that doing it right is easy' exercises, and an hour walking around the room while playing for rhythm internalization. Perhaps its just what I need...perhaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment