Monday, March 5, 2012

Peace



On my flight home from Paris, I awoke from a short nap in time to see a heavenly sunset from my window. Far, far away in the distance I saw a airy kingdom in the clouds--a turreted castle and beyond it the rooftops of a little town. Down below, the lights of tiny Alpine villages snuggled in the snowy mountain side sparkled up at me from under the tattered shreds of the clouds. As the eternal blue of the sky stretched away into a rose-colored sunset, the mysterious and shadowy mountain lands beneath it lay with still, frozen slopes, and in the distance, the shining gleam of a cold Austrian river lingered for a moment in the evening light. It was the endless peace of eternity--what I imagine God must see as He looks over his creations and calls them good.



1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures. That is so beautiful. And your writing magically enhances the images. This is becoming one of my favorite blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete