Monday, July 9, 2012

Families are Forever: Summer in NH

SO, someone has taken a good long break from blogging and now has a roommate who blogs wonderfully and consistently to inspire her to blog too.

My six weeks at home after Austria were delightful. I got to spend some priceless time with my siblings. I feel so blessed to have understood what a gift that time was--I didn't have a demanding work schedule, classes, or other social obligations--and could take full advantage of vacation to bond with my brothers and sisters.



We all drove down to Washington DC for Louisa's baptism.
(Benjamin, Adeline, Jacob)

Joseph LOVED driving the 10 hours south, as you can see.


The special girl with Mom and Dad!


We visited the National Zoo. Pretty sweet!


My two little sisters (Louisa and Abigail)--princesses in windbreakers!





The kiddos and I made yummy marshmallow treats one afternoon.


Joseph (17) and I played together in a family recital.


My second younger sister, Adeline (12), and I got to bike and run together a lot. 
What a sweetheart she is--I'm so lucky we got to be sisters!


"Julia, Julia, watch this! Watch! Watch me!" (Isaac, 6)


I love my porch swing. There is nothing like
it for curling up during a thunderstorm or reading
on one of those beautiful, balmy NH afternoons.


We spotted moose in our front yard a couple times.


Family BBQ with the cousins! 
Joseph and Anna (18), the two siblings just younger than I, are two
of my best friends in the world!


That is an "excited" face (I think). Abby 
looks a little worried her hot dog might bite back.



Oh, Isaac...


Mmmmmm.



We also went on a "big kids" camp-out--no adults...FREEDOM! ;)
(Benjamin, me. Joseph, Anna, Jacob)



Brigham (10) and I are best buddies. I am so glad I have this
boy in my life!


Joseph did an truly admirable job of getting us to the campsite.
Ever tried off-roading in a 16-passenger van? 
It gets exciting, let me tell you.



Made Mama a Mother's Day brunch!


Those family bonfires in the backyard were definitely a highlight of my vacation!


Secrets?




New Hampshire has such beautiful springtimes--and perfect days for eating Sunday dinner outside.


Jacob (15) is one of the best men I have ever know. 
Thanks for being you, Jacob!


One day, we all made a trip to the coast and 
explored the tide pools!



Jacob and Louisa 
(This was right before that one BIG wave hit...)


Isaac and Daddy.



Mom and Rachel.


One of our "sister dates" was a picnic.
Unfortunately, the mosquitoes (a lot of them) wanted to join us.
(Adeline and Abby)


My mom and I got to throw the most 
elegant "Anne of Green Gables" birthday party for 
Adeline's 12th. Happy birthday, sis!


Sorry for the bad resolution, but this was just
too cute! Rachel dressing up like the big girls.


I got to spend a weekend at the Romney's cabin
on Lake Winnepesaukee taking care of this handsome
little guy! Cute Johnny!



We did a lot of gardening in that huge garden back o' the house. Thanks Mom! =P

Man, but I love these brothers of mine.
Joseph (17), Benjamin (16), Jacob (15)

Aw, Joseph. I love you, bro!



I  miss my family so much. They are such a great blessing in my life. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me be a part of their lives and for their love! I appreciate the temple more and more knowing how much I want to be with them forever!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had so much fun with them! I love the pictures and I especially love family. It is so great that we can be with our families forever. And tell Joseph to cheer up. He's driving an Audi! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete