So I hopped on a flight that afternoon (thank heavens for my family who found me last minute tickets and drove me to the airport) and arrived in NH that night. My visit was a surprise to everyone but my dad. I got to see James for the first time since he got home from his mission in Washington DC!! And my grandparents just home from their mission in Australia!
Joseph did a magnificent job! His performance was superb and the audience was delighted with it judging from three rounds of bows for my brother and a standing ovation of bravo's!!
Among other things, my mom and I decided I should bob my hair. Since I enjoy a new style occasionally and the particular cut looked darling on the model, I was enthusiastic...
We went to a pretty little salon, Not So Plain Jane's and showed the stylist the picture I wanted to imitate.
"Just brushing my shoulders," was my only other guideline for the dark-haired Hungarian girl holding the scissors.
After the first snip, cut much closer to my head than I anticipated, and as Szlivia proceeded, I felt more and more like this...
But, she did a good job! I liked the style and so did my family, albeit I was in slight shock from the length difference.
But by the time I got to Provo and tried to style my "new look," I found myself near tears, staring at my woebegone face in the mirror at school, wondering what I had done to myself.
Thankfully....that face turned into this face,
when I got it figured it out!
That Face This Face
And, now I love my hair!
Hurray for rootlifter, flatirons, hairspray, and teasing combs!






Julia, you are BEAUTIFUL with every length of hair! You are my hero! I love you so much! I pray for you every day over and over and over and over. . .
ReplyDeleteMom
yay i love your hair! you can join my short hair club ha ha.
ReplyDeleteJulia, I love your hair! So cute. I am determined to grow my hair out just to see how it would work really long...but each time it starts hitting my shoulders I usually give in and cut it all off again. Hair is on my shoulders...and your pictures are tempting me to join in the short hair club yet again. You really do look beautiful! I am so glad you got to go to New Hampshire. We watched Joseph's film and it was amazing. We should have gone...argh. Love you! M
ReplyDelete